Terms & Conditions
1. The following terms describe important features of the service we offer. If we process a loan for you, we will send you written terms of business specific to you and the loan we are offering. If we refer you to an alternative provider, they will provide you with their own terms and conditions. In addition we will discuss key factors relating to any application with you or will send you further information.
2. We provide a variety of services by phone, internet, mail and other means. These may include acting as a loan and finance broker; insurance introducer*; introducer to debt and property possession adjusters/advisers, utility switching agents, compensation advisers, prepayment card and bank account providers, equity release arrangers and credit reference advisers. We are not responsible for tax or legal advice regarding the services and You must rely on your own expert advisers in those fields. By asking Us to provide You with services You authorise Us and any associate companies to act on Your behalf. [*this means introducer appointed representative for non-investment insurance contracts]
3. When You ask Us, orally or in writing, to provide You with a service, You agree to these terms. We acknowledge your instructions expressly or by acting upon them. We treat You as our Client. We accept no liability or obligation to any third party whether or not You may be acting as their agent, fiduciary or intermediary. Even if You disclose their identity to Us and You are acting in such a capacity, your obligations to Us remain unaffected. We are entitled to act on any oral or written instructions We receive from You or anyone We believe is authorised by You to give them.
4. When acting as a loan or finance broker we seek to get a lender or financier to offer You a loan or finance. We will act as your broker for a period reasonably necessary to maximise your chances of getting a lender or financier to make You a loan or finance offer. We seek to match your loan or finance application with one or more of the lenders or financiers we deal with. We do not act on behalf of the lenders or financiers or represent them. For your protection we require the documentation covering any loan or finance agreement to meet statutory and regulatory safeguards laid down by the Consumer Credit Acts 1974 and 2006. If You would like to know more about the protections and remedies provided under those Acts please contact your local Trading Standards Department or The Citizens Advice Bureau.
5. We do not offer loans or finance. The lenders or financiers decide whether to approve loan or finance applications, how much to lend or finance, at what interest rate, on which terms and on what evidence of ability to repay. Where We give examples they are only illustrations. We do not warrant that examples are the actual rates and amounts because the lenders or financiers decide whether to give approval for any loan or finance and on what terms according to your specific circumstances. Please refer to the lenders own documentation for actual details in every case.
6. Unless You inform Us differently, You agree to Us using telephone, email, SMS, fax and/or post to contact You to discuss products and services without having first been expressly invited to do so. This will override any registrations You may have with any preference services. To communicate in writing We may use the last postal address You give Us. Please note that to improve our service we can monitor and record any telephone conversations with You for security, training and evidential purposes.
7. In trying to get You a loan or finance, make decisions about them, manage your accounts, utilities, premiums, debts or provide any other services, We or associate companies (including lenders and financiers) may use credit scoring or other automated systems to assess your application, make decisions and verify your identity. These systems include searching your records with credit reference agencies, employers, fraud and money laundering prevention agencies and the electoral register as well as providing them with information. These agencies can add your details to their records for other organisations to do searches. Where there are joint clients, both records are processed by the agencies and a link between You can be created.
8. To help our fraud prevention and data protection strategy, You agree to Us and our associate companies, credit reference agencies and selected third parties processing and using personal data (whether provided electronically, in writing or orally) You give Us. You agree to Us using the data to advise You of other products and services unless You notify Us to the contrary. The information You give Us must be true and accurate. You warrant and undertake to comply with legal and regulatory disclosure requirements so that We can comply with our obligations. If You provide Us with false or inaccurate information and/or we suspect fraud We may notify agencies which would have a detrimental impact on your credit records. In the event that You provide Us with inaccurate or misleading information, We reserve the right to reclaim any losses incurred by Us in performing the service to You.
9. If You authorise anyone else to give Us instructions, any action We take on their instructions will be binding on You. If there are joint applicants each has authority to deal with Us for the other. Notice to one is notice to both. We can require joint instructions. If instructions from different joint applicants are inconsistent, We can choose to take no action until We receive satisfactory instructions. To withdraw any authority You must notify Us in writing.
10. We charge a broker fee based on a sliding scale of £600 to £2,690 (max) linked to the loan size. It includes any charges we incur on your behalf such as legal searches, credit searches, mortgage references and consent to register a second charge. We give you a verbal indication of the fee likely to apply to your loan at the outset. Fees can be added to the loan or paid separately and kept outside of it. If added it would increase the monthly payments and total repayable.
11. If We provide services other than acting as a loan or finance broker, We shall be entitled to charge a fee for those services.
12. Under Financial Services (Distance Marketing) Regulations 2004 you have a right to cancel your application within 14 days of receiving these terms and conditions and receive a refund. If You wish to cancel your application, You must write to Promise Solutions Ltd notifying us. In this event We will refund your fee within 30 days of the date on which We receive your written request to cancel your application. Any such requests should be made to: Customer Service Department, Promise Solutions Ltd, 2nd Floor, Fullard House, Neachells Lane, Wolverhampton, WV11 3QG.
13. We shall not be liable for any breach of obligation to You by any bank, counterparty, intermediary or other third party with whom You do business. You will be liable for any loss You suffer as a consequence of You providing inaccurate information. If there is any partial non-performance of our obligations, provided We have made reasonable endeavours to perform them You must give us full credit for doing so. We will incur no liability for any loss arising from non-performance by Us which is caused by something beyond our reasonable control including changes in the law or regulations affecting how We normally operate.
14. In the event that any of these terms (each of which is severable) is for any reason illegal, invalid or unenforceable, such provision is to be deemed modified sufficiently to render it enforceable, legal and valid and of similar effect as We intended. Apart from provisions expressly covering associate companies, nothing in these terms is enforceable by anyone who is not a party to them.
15. We operate a complaints procedure. If you wish to make a formal complaint, please send your complaint in writing to the following address:
Customer Service Department,
Promise Solutions Ltd,
2nd Floor, Fullard House,
We will issue our final response to You within 8 weeks of Us receiving your complaint. If you are unhappy with our response or have not received our final response after 8 weeks you may refer your complaint to:
Financial Ombudsman Service,
South Quay Plaza,
183 Marsh Wall,
Terms and Conditions of use and access to Promise Loans website is subject to the terms and conditions set out below. Please take a moment to read these terms and conditions carefully. By using or accessing any of the Promise Solutions Ltd Websites, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions .
Terms and Conditions of use and access to Promise Loans website is subject to the terms and conditions set out below. Please take a moment to read these terms and conditions carefully. By using or accessing any of the Promise Solutions Ltd Website, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions.
16. Promise Solutions Ltd shall not be liable for any direct or indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages, including the loss of profits, business revenue or goodwill arising from the use or access of or inability to use or access, interruption or availability of this website, its operation or transmission, computer viruses, loss of data or otherwise in respect of its use. Any exclusions or limitations or restrictions of liability contained in these terms and conditions of use and access of this website shall be subject to the qualification that nothing contained in any such exclusion or limitations or restrictions of liability shall operate to exclude or restrict any duty or liability of Promise Solutions Ltd to any person which it has under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 or its amendments.
18. The provision by Promise Solutions Ltd of a link to another Website does not constitute any authorisation by Promise Solutions Ltd to the user to access material held at that location, nor is it evidence of any endorsement by Promise Solutions Ltd of the material held there. Promise Solutions Ltd accepts no responsibility or liability for the privacy of your personal information on such Websites, as these are beyond our control. Promise Solutions Ltd will accept no responsibility or liability in respect of any materials on any Website which is not under its control.
19. This website has been extensively tested and should work properly at all times. However, if you experience a problem at any time, please return to the homepage and try again. If the problem persists you can contact us by following the link on the ‘Contact Us’ page.
20. In the event any provision of these terms and conditions of use and access to this website is held unenforceable, it will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions and will be replaced by an enforceable provision that comes the closest to the intention underlying the unenforceable provision.
21. Information provided in this website is believed to be reliable when posted. However, Promise Solutions Ltd cannot guarantee that information will be accurate, complete and current at all times. All information on this website is subject to modification from time to time without notice.
22. The terms and conditions of use of this website shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
If you do not wish to receive on-going contact from us please send a request in writing to:
Promise Solutions Ltd,
2nd Floor, Fullard House,
23. The provision by Promise Solutions Ltd of a link to another Website does not constitute any authorisation by Promise Solutions Ltd to the user to access material held at that location, nor is it evidence of any endorsement by Promise Solutions Ltd of the material held there. Promise Solutions Ltd accepts no responsibility or liability for the privacy of your personal information on such Websites, as these are beyond our control. Promise Solutions Ltd will accept no responsibility or liability in respect of any materials on any Website which is not under its control.